On March 17, Middle School Chorus participated in a Large Group Performance Evaluation (LGPE). Below are the results:
The 7th and 8th grade chorus received a Superior (top) rating from all three judges! Comments included:
- Great energy and tone!
- Good language (Italian) work! (one of our songs was in Italian; kudos to Gian Luca Di Lenardo, who is fluent in Italian, for being our diction coach!)
- Absolute perfection! (with regard to pitch)
- Your uniform tone placement leads to a wonderful blend!
- Fabulous text clarity
Additionally, the group earned a Superior rating (top score) in 3-part sight reading with a Superior rating in every sub-category!
The 5th and 6th grade chorus received a Superior rating from all three judges as well! Comments included:
- Lovely head tones!
- Great energy!
- What a great choral sound!
- Great dynamic contrast!
- Your energy + unison vowels = good pitch
- Tuning is very precise – yay!
The 5th and 6th grade chorus also earned a Superior (top rating) in 2-part sight reading! The example was particularly challenging this year, but they did not give up!
Congratulations to both choirs and to our accompanist Mr. Brock Derringer. Finally, special thanks to our 6th graders, Brynn Bazemore, Maria Hill, Ainsley Kane, Amanda Mola, Eva Raman, and Parker Tidwell, for singing with both groups so our 7th and 8th graders had enough singers to qualify.