The Annual Fund is the cornerstone of Wesleyan's Development program and plays a critical role in helping Wesleyan live up to its mission to be a Christian school of academic excellence. Gifts to the Annual Fund from parents, grandparents, friends, faculty, staff and alumni are used to supplement tuition that only covers approximately 90% of the true cost of a Wesleyan education. Your donation to the Annual Fund each year helps provide many direct benefits for our students and faculty.
The Annual Fund Helps Inside the Classroom by:
- Allowing Wesleyan to maintain smaller class sizes so every child has an opportunity to participate more fully and receive more individualized instruction.
- Helping to attract and retain high quality and experienced educators with an increasingly competitive compensation package.
- Purchasing instructional materials and supplies for classrooms, labs and libraries.
- Sending faculty to professional development workshops and seminars so they can bring valuable teaching techniques back to the classroom.
The Annual Fund Helps Outside the Classroom by:
- Funding drama productions, choral and band concerts, art exhibits and other needs of the fine arts department that could otherwise go unfunded.
- Augmenting the school's physical education program by providing more up-to-date equipment.
The Annual Fund Enriches Student Life by:
- Providing critical money for field trips like the 1st grade train trip to Alabama, and the 6th grade field trip to Tremont.
- Underwriting the high school class retreats that teach Christian values and student leadership at each grade level.
The Annual Fund Helps Attract Community Support:
Foundations and other friends of Wesleyan look first at the voluntary support provided by Wesleyan parents as a key factor in their decision to provide their own support. Strong continued participation by all Wesleyan parents, grandparents, alumni, and faculty through contributions to the Annual Fund will continue to be a critical step in gaining their support in the future.